POSITION: SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST
The Senior Credit Analyst prepares credit analysis documents for senior management and the Board that clearly identifies risks, financial metrics, and policy requirements, and is responsible for identifying and understanding a borrower’s credit risks and providing a thorough assessment of the Bank’s ability to mitigate these risks. Senior Credit Analysts prepare detailed loan underwriting packages for use in the commercial loan approval and review process. They also provide support, as needed, to more junior credit staff and to other departments in the Bank.
Key Result Areas:
- Partner with lending officers and portfolio managers to understand proposed lending transactions, prepare written credit analyses of those proposed transactions, and assist with obtaining approval of such requests, including new loans, renewals, modifications, and annual reviews.
- Prepare analyses and make appropriate credit structure recommendations on new and/or existing complex credits. Spread and make interpretative analysis of financial statements and prepare credit memoranda for use in loan decision-making. Perform credit analysis on the most complex relationships including C&I, Commercial Investment Real Estate, Owner-occupied and Residential Construction customers.
- Work independently with minimal oversight from the Credit Managers on most commercial loan underwriting requests and determine when more complex credit requests require management guidance and feedback.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the bank’s Commercial Lending Policy and an ability to appropriately apply that Policy to loan approval requests.
- Contribute to maintaining the accuracy of the Bank’s commercial loan rating system by accurately applying the risk rating definitions to proposed transactions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to junior credit analysts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports used in monitoring credit quality as needed, or as directed by the Chief Credit Officer and/or the Credit Managers.
- Support other credit risk management activities, including those related to internal or external audits, loan reviews or regulatory compliance matters as needed.
- Attend joint client calls with lending officers, when appropriate.
- Contribute when needed to the effective team management of projects, issues, and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other CSB employees and customers.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- 4-year college degree preferably in business, finance, or accounting or 4 years of business experience
- Completion of a formal credit training program or two years of credit analyst experience.
- Extensive experience with preparing and editing credit analyses and other credit documents such as memoranda, formal emails, and policy documents.
- Five years of demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present concise and well supported Corporate Banking and/or Commercial Real Estate loan approval recommendations, including large and complex C&I and CRE deals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate credit and business issues to lenders, managers, and loan approvers. This skill includes following up on questions from these parties relating to the analyst’s underwriting work product.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple underwriting assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations.
- Technically proficient in MS Office and able to quickly learn and support digital platforms.
- Ability to work both independently and in groups as well as possess effective project and time management skills.
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service banking institution with over $5 billion in assets. As a mutual bank, CSB is committed to improving the quality of life of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services across a robust Massachusetts-based branch network and through digital banking solutions for commercial, small business and consumer customers. To learn more about how we can meet your needs, visit us at cambridgesavings.com, or better yet, come meet us to help you make the most out of your banking relationship.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.