POSITION: FINANCIAL ANALYST – PROFITABILITY
The Financial Analyst will be part of the Finance department and will focus on relationship and organizational profitability. They will implement and operate the Product and Relationship Profitability systems, including ongoing updates, analysis, and production of related reports. They will assist in the annual budgeting process by establishing and maintaining income and expense allocation routines for the organizational and product profitability models. The Financial Analyst will work closely with business line managers to explain profitability detail and investigate areas of their operations that could be addressed for greater efficiencies.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and perform monthly account-level profitability calculations for all loan and deposit accounts through the relationship profitability system. Create monthly/quarterly profitability reports for senior management as well as ad-hoc analysis, as requested.
- Accurately review return on asset (ROA) simulations by understanding the loan requirements presented by Portfolio Managers. Explain the results and recommend changes to maximize profit, if necessary. The results are presented to all necessary loan review committees and the Board.
- Assist in the implementation of new budgeting and profitability software.
- Produce independent analyses of various products and customer relationships drawing from knowledge acquired through working with the relationship profitability process.
- Modify, distribute, and collect the annual overhead center surveys to allocate department time for business line profitability and the survey to allocate product expenses for loans and deposits necessary for relationship and product profitability.
- Consistently work to increase knowledge of the organization and products in order to make suggestions and recommendations regarding possible changes to the allocations for the organizational profitability process.
- Assist in the creation of the annual profitability budget and operating budget.
- Perform additional analyses/duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or finance, with specialized courses in cost accounting, management, or finance.
- 1-3 years financial analysis experience.
- Knowledge of bank accounting and analysis.
- Proven experience with business line and product profitability theory and production preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including very strong Excel experience. Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative, technical, and analytical skills. Ability to analyze large volumes of data and learn new systems quickly.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, meet deadlines, take initiative, multi-task, and work independently with minimal supervision.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service banking institution with over $5 billion in assets. As a mutual bank, CSB is committed to improving the quality of life of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services across a robust Massachusetts-based branch network and through digital banking solutions for commercial, small business and consumer customers. To learn more about how we can meet your needs, visit us at cambridgesavings.com, or better yet, come meet us to help you make the most out of your banking relationship.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.