POSITION: INVESTOR ACCOUNTING AND SERVICING SPECIALIST
the direct supervision of the Loan Servicing Manager the Investor Accounting
and Servicing Specialist is responsible for investor accounting and reporting,
management of loan sales in core system, determination of FASB fees/costs,
mortgage commission processing, construction loan advance requests and loan
servicing support. Also, supports HMDA
LAR preparation and review efforts. Ensures
compliance with regulatory guidelines, and internal policies and
procedures. Assist with preparation,
data collection, responses and remedies to internal and external audits and
federal and state compliance exams. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to correct any compliance
- Ensures the accurate and timely reporting of investor loans in accordance with each investor’s guidelines.
- Ensures the accurate and timely remittance of payments due to each investor in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Coordinates with collections to report delinquency and loss mitigation data to investors.
Performs monthly reconciliations of investor P&I and T&I custodial accounts as well as identifying and clearing variances.
- Ensure loans sold (servicing retained and released) are sold accurately in the Core system and are properly transacted to the GL.
- Processing of commissions earned by the Mortgage Originators and the preparation of the monthly commission report by which the originators are paid.
- Assigning FASB fees/costs to new Residential and Home Equity Loans and maintaining monthly reporting for the Accounting department.
- Work closely with construction loan customers, appraisers and construction vendor to facilitate approvals for loan advances based on completed work
- Supporting department’s HMDA LAR preparation and review process.
Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business management preferred
- 2 – 5 years minimum experience in investor accounting to include knowledge of all aspects of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac servicing/reporting or in a senior loan servicing role, experience with HMDA is a plus
- Outstanding knowledge of loan documentation and regulatory requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to meet critical deadlines with limited supervision
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex processes to senior and executive management
The above description covers the most significant major
responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and
accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major
purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $5 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Melrose, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.