POSITION: CONSUMER FINANCE UNDERWRITER
Working closely with the VP Consumer Finance Manager and operating within an established set of policies and procedures, responsible for underwriting Consumer Non-Real Estate loan applications and preparing loan closing documents.
Key Result Areas:
- Underwrite loan applications delivered through branch and online channels in a timely manner
- Ensure loans are underwritten to policy guidelines and procedures including lending decisions
- Confirm required documentation and tracking items including but not limited to credit, income, and collateral documentation are satisfactory and meet applicable guidelines and procedures
- Review adverse actions letters to ensure accuracy
- Make sure loan applications are completed accurately by branch personnel, collaborating with retail banking partners to execute best practices to meet established customer experience levels
- Provides prompt attention to LOS queue and turnaround time on all loan applications including online applications. Assign online applications to branch personnel promptly with applicable tracking items
- Regularly review the Consumer NRE mailbox and utilize as a daily work queue to ensure underwriting completion of all loans in a timely manner
- Prepare closing documents within LaserPro and ProSign for E-Signature
- Prepare underwriting packages for Loan Servicing
- Enter all closed auto loans in the Dealertrack title management system and perform monthly title tracking and research as needed
- Demonstrate the organization’s service commitment during all customer and internal employee interactions
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- General knowledge of regulations and compliance with respect to consumer non real estate lending
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- 3+ years of consumer non-real estate underwriting experience
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyze documents, such as but not limited to paystubs, tax returns, credit reports, purchase and sales agreements, insurance binders, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to clearly support loan decisions being made
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.