POSITION: FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
Responsible for a variety of accounting and finance functions related to investments, regulatory reporting, subsidiary and intercompany accounting and internal financial reporting.
Key Result Areas:
- Contribute to the production of monthly financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, monthly yield analysis and key ratios for presentation to senior management and board of directors for the Bank and Holding Company reporting.
- Prepare quarterly and other periodic reports and schedules for external regulatory agencies including the FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank and the Depositors Insurance Fund.
- Responsible for reconcilement of assigned General Ledger and correspondent bank accounts and the subsequent follow-up of all items to ensure timely resolution, for subsidiary companies.
- Provide assistance for subsidiary accounting functions, i.e. collection of rents and company reimbursements, as well as the forthcoming change in accounting for leases.
- Process monthly intercompany balance sheet and income statement eliminations and consolidation.
- Assist in the processing for investments (purchases, payments, sales, maturities, calls, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of year end audited financial statements and supporting footnotes.
- Assists in compiling the Foundation financials and all reporting related to the Foundation.
- Assists with the documentation of policies, procedures and FDICIA internal controls, as well as the identification of risks within the Finance Division.
- Participate in special projects related to financial reporting and investments.
- Perform additional duties as backup for department as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within Finance as well as other areas of the bank.
- Contribute to all bank and department initiatives as requested.
BS in accounting/finance.
Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in a banking or financial services environment.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment; problem solving skills and attention to detail are essential for success in the role.
Strong initiative, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
Strong computer skills including, proficient in use of Excel and MS Office.
Ability to handle time deadlines and constraints.
Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.