POSITION: RESIDENTIAL LOAN OPENER
Thorough knowledge of residential and consumer loan products, policies and procedures. Responsible for preparing the Loan Estimate and all other required disclosures for all mortgage and home equity loans and lines for new applications. Works both independently and as a team with assigned Loan Analysts, Loan Originators, Branches, Attorneys, and Management to ensure necessary file completion. Works closely with Loan Analysts to ensure each loan file is prepared for its next milestone within the loan origination system.
Key Result Areas:
- Review new mortgage and home equity applications and prepares the Loan Estimate and all other applicable disclosures for completion and compliance before being sent to the customer
- Responsible for managing the pipeline of loans ensuring required timelines are met
- Ensures all compliance requirements are met on every file
- Complete loan file milestone for each application, including but not limited to, ordering flood, verification of employment, obtaining real estate tax information and customer concentration of credit
- Responsible for ordering title insurance and real estate appraisals which may require follow up with vendor relationship
- Review investor ineligible list for closing attorney, appraiser and condo projects
- Review CSB Insider/Non-Insider list
- Complete the Borrower Interest Worksheet for all refinances
- Complete all prior to closing verification of employments
- Be familiar with basic parameters and requirements of all loan products offered
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers
- Contribute to the effective team management of all bank problems, issues and opportunities
- Perform additional duties as required
- High School Diploma required
- 1+ years working in a loan processing, closing, servicing or underwriting environment
- Knowledge of mortgage and consumer loan products, preferably CSB products
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of federal and local regulations or ordinances concerning lending activities
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are required
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.