POSITION: DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Provide first and second level support to the Bank's end-user computing environment for desktops, laptops, mobile devices and server connectivity issues. This may include installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading PC hardware and peripherals to ensure optimal performance. This will be achieved by phone, on-site or email in a timely and accurate fashion.
Key Result Areas:
- Support the Bank’s user community through the use of Ivanti Service Management system.
- Provide phone support via the Helpdesk phone number and incident ticketing system.
- Maintain user & email accounts in Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange and support end-user moves, additions, changes, and terminations.
- Maintain user accounts and licensing in network and system related applications such as Citrix, RSA, Office 365, etc.
- Support the end-user community in the installation, configuration & relocation of PCs and PC related peripherals.
- Install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot end-user’s PCs and related peripherals to ensure proper operation. Perform on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of PC problems for end users, and suggest and implement solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
- Provide resolution to issues with business applications and networking software products.
- Provide support for the bank’s mobile equipment including iPhone’s, iPad’s, laptops and other devices.
- Provide support for the bank’s ATMs by clearing minor faults and escalating to 3rd party vendor for service calls as needed.
- Work with third-party vendors to place and track service calls for PCs, printers, peripherals and business systems to ensure issue resolution.
- Assist IT Manager with hardware and software purchases.
- Participate on a rotating after-hours schedule for phone and ATM support functions.
- Follow all IT related policies and procedures and assist in the constant improvement of department policy and procedure documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Maintain user accounts, email distribution lists and conference room calendars in Active Directory.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Completion of a certificate program in PC hardware support/networking preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience with end-user support in a Windows Desktop Operating System/ Active Directory environment.
- Experienced in the use and installation of PC operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Understanding of PC and Local Area Network technologies required for end-user support in a business environment.
- Ability to work with end users in applying Bank technology to the work environment.
- Strong interpersonal & documentation skills.
- Ability to move/handle equipment weighing approximately 40 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; ie. weekends and evenings on occasion.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.