POSITION: CORPORATE BANKING LOAN OFFICER
Under the supervision of the SVP, Corporate Banking, develops and coordinate services for a wide variety of commercial account relationships. Originate structure and extend loans to credit worthy borrowers through facilities such as lines of credit, equipment loans and term loans. Coordinate the ongoing management of loans to ensure proper documentation and continued loan quality. Plan and direct a focused calling and business development program for companies ranging from $5MM to $100MM in revenues, with financing needs ranging from $750M to $15MM, located primarily within eastern Massachusetts.
Key Result Areas:
- Create and manage a calling program focused on prospects, customers and referral sources that leads to a minimum of $10 MM in annual loan production.
- Review loan applications, interview applicants and request necessary information, such as financial and operating statements to evaluate loan requests, manage, structure and negotiate credit terms as well as identify other opportunities for CSB.
- Organize data and evaluate the credit worthiness of the prospective borrower according to CSB guidelines and policies.
- Prepare and maintain required and appropriate documentation, and ensure that necessary follow-up is coordinated and accomplished on a timely basis.
- Within approved loan authority, extend new commercial loans of good quality.
- Present for approval relevant data and recommendations to SVP, Corporate Banking, for all new lending opportunities.
- Build deposits from customers and prospects to help fund loans.
- Manage the underwriting of loan proposals and present to Loan Committee.
- Interface with other areas in the Bank (i.e. credit, loan servicing & corporate services) to ensure that all loan relationships are developed and maintained properly.
- Cross sell other Bank services plus corporate service (i.e., Cash Management, CATNA)
- Manage existing loan portfolio to ensure credit quality and to minimize loan losses. Review maturing loans and present for renewal if applicable.
- Assist in the implementation of a Contact Management and Pipeline management system for the groups business development and management reporting needs.
- Assist in resolving commercial business loan delinquencies as well as servicing issues.
- Review and approve overdrafts within loan authority of commercial customers.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on lending activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Assist in the resolution of customer problems and/or complaints.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all bank-related problems, issues and opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- College education preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relationship banking (i.e.: Lending Products, Depository and Cash Management and Trust Services.)
- 5 – 10 years' commercial lending experience, within the Eastern Massachusetts Corporate Banking Marketplace.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify customer needs and business opportunities.
- Knowledge of commercial lending regulations, underwriting standards and proper loan documentation.
- Proven PC skills.
- Ability to work independently on unstructured projects with limited direction.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.