POSITION: PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATOR
Under the supervision of the Manager of Corporate Banking Portfolio Management, this position assists with administration of the financial and other loan documentation, maintenance of the C&I loan portfolio files and providing high quality financial reporting recordkeeping, through the timely and accurate credit/loan files maintenance. Responsibilities include but not limited to tracking the Borrowers’ financial statements and covenants using SAGEworks, uploading financial and other documents into DocStar, calculating borrowing bases, assisting with calculation of the financial covenants, and monitoring annual review and financial exception process using SAGEworks reports.
Additional responsibilities include: overseeing financial reporting exception process by working closely with Portfolio Managers and the Lenders, acting as the Corporate Lending liaison to Credit Administration, Commercial Loan Administration, Loan Servicing, and Cash Management. Also responsible for assisting the Lenders with Small Business Administration loans.
Key Result Areas:
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Lending Officers, and Group Head to perform administration tasks
- Assist Portfolio Managers and Loan Officers in preparing, uploading, maintaining and updating credit files in DocStar and Sageworks software
- As required, monitor the Borrowers’ financial reporting using Sageworks loan administration module to provide early indication to Portfolio Managers/Loan Officers to contact the Borrowers to request financial information
- Perform credit investigations on Borrowers when required by obtaining personal and business credit reports
- Assist in the preparation of reports used in monitoring credit quality, as directed by the Portfolio Manager
- Ensure that the Bank's guidelines, loan policies, and procedures are adhered to in file maintenance, borrowing base calculation and financial reporting
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other CSB employees and customers
- Assisting with the tracking of financial exceptions including Annual Reviews, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Borrowing Bases and Line of Credit Expirations and work closely with the Portfolio managers and Loan Officers to clear them
- Review/calculate Borrowing Base Certificates on a monthly/quarterly basis in accordance with loan approval requirements and terms of the note
- Assist Portfolio Managers with preparation, calculation and filing of the Covenant Compliance on a quarterly/annual basis in accordance with loan approval requirements
- Assist Portfolio Managers/Loan Officers with the preparation of accurate and timely annual portfolio review reports
- Prepare special projects as requested by Department Head SVP
- Perform additional duties as required
College degree in economics, business, finance, or accounting preferable
One to Three years of Loan Administration and/or Credit Administration experience, to include C&I and CRE experience
Preferably some understanding of financial accounting and financial statements
General knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred
Great attention to details, strong analytical and computer skills
Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.