Provide leadership and management for the Accounting department, including compliance with regulatory agencies and FDICIA internal controls. Manage the financial reporting function of the bank. Oversee a variety of complex operational accounting functions relating to the Bank’s general ledger and sub-systems. Develop, recommend and/or execute strategies to improve process efficiencies and reduce costs. Manage relationship with tax consultants and outside auditors.
Key Result Areas:
- Manage the personnel and activities of the Accounting department to ensure optimum efficiency and service. Advise and assist in their respective functions associated with the areas for which he/she has direct responsibility
- Assume responsibility for the sound record keeping of the Holding Company, the Bank and its subsidiaries consistent with sound accounting policy and regulation
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Report of Financial statements and footnotes for the Bank, providing outside auditors with the appropriate work papers and information
- Review and ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place to ensure the accuracy of all regulatory reports including the FDIC call report, Federal Reserve Holding Company reports, DIF, etc.
- Maintain the accounting systems, ensuring proper use and operating efficiencies, including ongoing coordination with software provider for updates and system upgrades
- Assist the SVP/CFO with analyzing and recommending improvements for business units of the Bank; developing financial solutions to business challenges, including providing and implementing strategies for product pricing, expense control, capital management, etc.
- Coordinate activities with outside tax consultants, regarding the estimated quarterly tax payments, tax filings and deferred tax position. Ensure that the external auditor and tax advisor are informed of changes in the company’s financial condition and are consulted on application of accounting and tax rules and regulations
- Project coordinator for the CECL Implementation
- Work with CECL Committee to set and achieve project for the next three years through 2021
- Directs and coordinates other Committee members and Contributors in loan loss modeling development
- Works with senior managers to obtain consensus on project direction and decisions
- In conjunction with the CFO assists with the project administration and management
- Serve as a financial project contributor, coordinator or leader as assigned by the CFO
- Work with, influence and/or direct department managers, senior management or executive management in order to achieve project goals
- Coordinate and set work agenda for other staff members working on a project
- Act as the key financial expert and analysis person on a project team
- Perform or direct project administrative tasks as needed
- Work with the Profitability group on the Bank’s budget plan and various profitability analysis projects. Provide guidance when necessary to Division Heads in relation to budgeted goals and objectives, and income and expense management and forecasts
- Oversee the Disaster Recovery plan for the Accounting department, ensuring that the policy is updated on a regular basis and those employees are familiar with the Bank’s overall recovery plan
- Maintain and update all FDICIA related controls, tests and documentation; ensuring compliance of same. Maintain operating procedures and policies for the Finance Department
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers
- Contribute to the effective team management of all Bank problems, issues and opportunities
- Continually learn and develop skills and take on additional responsibilities with a long-term goal leading to a Chief Financial Officer position
- Perform additional duties as required
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a senior level accounting position in the banking industry
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.