POSITION: BUSINESS ANALYST
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the Business Analyst (BA) provides deliverables across the entire life cycle of a variety of strategic initiatives. The BA analyzes problems/opportunities and identifies creative solutions for business challenges. This role drives stakeholder involvement typically from inception. S/he will work with project requestors on business cases, including a rigorous benefits and ROI analysis, through implementation. S/he is responsible for documenting business workflow, system, and process requirements, and devising appropriate validation mechanisms and test cases to facilitate successful project delivery.
The BA reports directly to the Project Management Director, works very closely with Project Managers and the Technical Trainer, and will have significant interactions with the Executive Team, Department Heads and other Senior Managers.
Key Result Areas:
- Build partnerships and serve as the liaison with internal departments on projects to identify, understand, and deliver desired solutions and value to the organization.
- Support business sponsors/requestors in establishing business cases, benefits, and ROI metrics for project proposals.
- Provide project support to the Project Managers and business process owners including the following:
- Document requirements and workflow diagrams with a focus on business process improvements and operational controls.
- Assist with addressing change management requirements.
- Manage all aspects of end-to-end testing (such as the testing plan, test cases, test scripts, testing execution, etc.) providing regular testing status updates indicating progress, known risks and items for escalation to management.
- Serve in a Project Manager capacity when cross-coverage is required.
- Drive continuous process and procedural improvement focusing on tools, templates and system changes which may be implemented Bank-wide.
- Provide support on various ad-hoc and special projects as assigned by the PMO Director.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 4-5 years of business analytics, writing business requirements for projects, and user acceptance testing, preferably in Banking and/or financial institutions; or at professional services firms that focus on the financial services industry.
- Experience within Commercial Lending, Retail Banking, and/or online banking areas preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean and similar process improvement techniques.
- CBAP (through IIBA) or PBA (through PMI) certification(s) is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications with emphasis on MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Experience with project portfolio management software such as Planview, Eclipse, and Innotas, and project management software such as MS Project, Wrike and Projectplace, and communications software such as Survey Monkey and GoToMeeting is desirable.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.