POSITION: MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Responsible for selling and originating residential mortgage products and Home Equity products, using initiative and imagination in finding and developing new sources of business. Responsible for Fair Lending outreach and follow through on the Community Reinvestment Act.
Key Result Areas:
- Originate high quality loans which meet CSB guidelines
- Solicit customers by developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders, local housing agencies, and other business referral sources
- Determine and recommend appropriate loan products to meet the customer’s needs, promoting and cross-selling Bank products and services, as appropriate
- Meet established loan production goals, service existing mortgage customers, and consistently deliver superior experiences to all CSB customers
- Collect documentation for submission to underwriting
- Participate in networking and community involvement activities
- Support the Commercial Lending division as needed
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Perform additional duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or 15 years of mortgage origination experience
- 2+ years experience in outside mortgage banking sales, with knowledge of mortgage financing and mortgage programs
- Understanding of secondary market underwriting guidelines, P.M.I, and condominium standards
- Successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet established goals, interact with customers effectively, and work without direct supervision
- Must be able to travel across Massachusetts
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
Arlington Center - Arlington, Massachusetts
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.