POSITION: CRE LOAN OFFICER
Under the supervision of CRE Team Leader and or SVP/Commercial Real Estate Lending, originate, underwrite and administer commercial real estate loans for the Bank's Commercial Real Estate (CRE) portfolio. Maintain an active marketing/calling program, primarily within Cambridge Savings Bank’s identified Core Market communities. The intent is to generate new loan prospects for CRE and also referral business for other CSB business lines. Ensure that credit standards of the Bank are met.
Key Result Areas:
- Call on potential or existing customers to develop new CRE loan business and increase or retain existing business, including deposit generation, with emphasis on CSB Core markets.
- Generate referral opportunities for other CSB business lines.
- Collect and analyze financial and related data to establish credit worthiness and/or make recommendations with respect to new loans, negotiate credit terms w/ customers, existing loan extensions and renewals.
- Monitor assigned commercial real estate relationships on a continuing basis as to collateral and credit quality.
- Interface with other areas in the Commercial Lending Division as well as other CSB departments to ensure that all relationships are developed and serviced appropriately.
- Resolve commercial loan delinquencies.
- Prepare and present well written loan proposals for required approval in coordination with Credit Administration Department.
- Participate in community affairs and professional organizations to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on lending activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Resolve customer problems and/or complaints.
- Contribute to the effective team management and involvement in bank programs and initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years' applicable commercial banking experience to include commercial real estate.
- Formal credit training and deep understanding of credit analysis are necessary.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify customer needs and business opportunities.
- Ability to analyze and structure appropriate loans for specific property and/or borrower requirements.
- Knowledge of regulations concerning commercial real estate lending.
- Proven PC skills, MS Office with strong working knowledge of Excel.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.7 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.