POSITION: SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
At Cambridge Savings Bank, our purpose is to have a positive impact on our customers, employees, and community's financial well-being. We are committed to exceeding expectations, having a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, and fostering a highly collaborate and customer centric environment. The Senior Systems Administrator will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and hosted information systems that support core organizational functions including Active Directory, Citrix, VMware, and various Windows server environments providing line of business systems. Safeguard high levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the IT infrastructure. Participate in the planning and implementation of network configuration, security infrastructure, monitoring and maintenance solutions, documentation as well as upgrades and improvement projects of all said systems to ensure system provisioning and service delivery that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Areas:
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use as needed for existing or new systems.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, maintain, and support the enterprise’s security architecture design with respect to infrastructure and operating systems.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, security, and performance.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems with industry best practices; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Log and track all incidents, problems and change requests
- Act as primary support contact for all data center related activities (Boston and Lowell)
- Maintain and monitor procedures for all server and critical system backups.
- Act as a resource for second and third tier PC/Network support problems and coordinate problem resolution as needed.
- Provide infrastructure support and daily administration of infrastructure components, tools, and systems such as Cisco and Meraki Switches, Citrix, VMware, HPE Simplivity, dHCI, Nimble, APC, etc.
- Provide technical and end-user support for key technologies such as virtualization, mobile computing, and remote access.
- Contribute to the effective team management of the IT Department by coordinating with IT Management.
- Supervise and lead technical projects.
- Perform additional duties as required.
College education, university degree or equivalent technical experience.
15+ years’ work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing server development and configuration. Azure, CCNA, CCNP, VCP and other certifications are helpful but not required.
Ability to diagnose, research and correct hardware and software configuration problems, making appropriate changes as required.
Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining diverse server hardware and virtualized environments. Similar experience with associated network equipment, including Meraki switches is a strong plus.
Experience installing documenting and maintaining systems configuration in a regulatory environment strongly desired
Experience with HPe Simplivity, HPe dHCI, Cisco Meraki, VMware, MSSQL, Windows Server, Microsoft O365, Azure, Veeam and Blackberry UEM.
Strong interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills.
Ability to move/handle equipment weighing approximately 40 lbs.
Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while remaining productive at all times
Ability to work very flexible work schedule, i.e., weekends, evenings, and on-call as needed.
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service banking institution with over $5 billion in assets. As a mutual bank, CSB is committed to improving the quality of life of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services across a robust Massachusetts-based branch network and through digital banking solutions for commercial, small business and consumer customers. To learn more about how we can meet your needs, visit us at cambridgesavings.com, or better yet, come meet us to help you make the most out of your banking relationship.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.