POSITION: CORPORATE BANKING PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATOR
At Cambridge Savings Bank, our purpose is to have a positive impact on our customers, employees, and community's financial well-being. We are committed to exceeding expectations, having a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, and fostering a highly collaborative and customer centric environment. The Corporate Banking Portfolio Administrator assists with administration of the financial and other loan documentation, maintenance of the C&I loan portfolio files and providing high quality financial reporting recordkeeping, through the timely and accurate credit/loan files maintenance.
Additionally, the Corporate Banking Portfolio Manager oversees the financial reporting exception process, acts as the Corporate Lending liaison to Credit Administration, Commercial Loan Administration, Loan Servicing, and Cash Management, as well as assists the Lenders with Small Business Administration loans.
Key Result Areas:
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers, Lending Officers, and Group Head to perform administration tasks.
- Assist Portfolio Managers and Loan Officers in preparing, uploading, maintaining, and updating electronic credit files in Nautilus and Sageworks software.
- As required, monitor the Borrowers’ financial reporting using Sageworks loan administration module to provide early indication to Portfolio Managers/Loan Officers to contact the Borrowers to request financial information.
- Perform the Relationship Profitability Model to assist Lenders and others in the decision-making process for new loan requests, annual reviews, prospect memos, modifications, rate exceptions, etc.
- Perform the spreading of various financial statements and tax returns in the SAGEworks system at the request of relevant parties in the C&I Lending Group. Perform credit investigations on Borrowers when required by obtaining personal and business credit reports.
- Assist in the preparation of reports used in monitoring credit quality, as directed by the Portfolio Manager.
- Ensure that the Bank's guidelines, loan policies, and procedures are adhered to in file maintenance, borrowing base calculation and financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other CSB employees and customers.
- Assisting with the tracking of financial exceptions including Annual Reviews, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Borrowing Bases and Line of Credit Expirations and work closely with the Portfolio managers and Loan Officers to clear them.
- Review/calculate Borrowing Base Certificates on a monthly/quarterly basis in accordance with loan approval requirements and terms of the note.
- Assist Portfolio Managers with preparation, calculation and filing of the Covenant Compliance on a quarterly/annual basis in accordance with loan approval requirements.
- Assist Portfolio Managers/Loan Officers with the preparation of accurate and timely annual portfolio review reports.
- Prepare special projects as requested by Department Head SVP.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- College degree in economics, business, finance, or accounting preferable.
- One to Three years of Loan Administration and/or Credit Administration experience, to include C&I and CRE experience.
- Preferably some understanding of financial accounting and financial statements.
- General knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred.
- Great attention to details, strong analytical and computer skills.
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service banking institution with over $5 billion in assets. As a mutual bank, CSB is committed to improving the quality of life of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services across a robust Massachusetts-based branch network and through digital banking solutions for commercial, small business and consumer customers. To learn more about how we can meet your needs, visit us at cambridgesavings.com, or better yet, come meet us to help you make the most out of your banking relationship.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor